Hi buddies! This time I recorded a full game against the AI, I got really impressed about how well the AI is working, he almost won me!!
About the AI, is not a trained neuronal network AI, is just a rather simple algorithm I made for test purposes, but in the future I plan to implement a really cool newronal network based AI
- When the attack animation takes too long to execute, the state machine changes turn twice, making one of the players to lose a turn. This should be rather easy to fix, happens because the code calls the change turn method when the piece finishes moving AND when the piece finishes the attack animation. I just have to delete one of these calls (probably the second).
- Lightning animation, effects… is a complete mess, I know. I want to have a playable game and then I’ll start polishing the visuals.
- Fixed a bug causing the dice box to move during gameplay. Guess this happened because of the physics behaviour of the box. Works this way: each time you or the opponent rolls the dice the game adds a random force to each dice (that’s an external force!!) which caused the bounces to move the box. Now the box resets its position after counting the dice (you have probably noticed that the dice bounced a little, that’s because of the reset).
- Fixed the AI letting always a piece in the eighth square. Was pretty funny but he won’t do that anymore.
- Whole bunch of other bugfixes/improvement….